01 November 2014

NGHE AN PROVINCIAL SECURITY COMMANDER: “THE KIND OF YOU ALL”

tan thuoc
You became hurried, grumbled over the repeated questions. This time I found hot in my left wrist when arms crossed. I opened my eyes to see a burning cigarette pressing on and said, “You have no right to do so” “the law does not allow you to torture, doing corporal punishment other people.” He lifted up his cigarette, gnashing of teeth in smoke “The kind of you all …” and then stepped out in the front of other five men.
Translation by Trang Thien Long (DTD)
Due to circumstance where I surrounded by 6-7 people during 5 hours, and when the commander used malicious words, insulting me I kept silence. Now I write a few lines to you publicly.
Initially, you treated me as a real criminal. You came in and went out, giving instructions, calling telephone, whispering, reminding personnel. Occasionally you participated in the interrogation, looked at me as if to devour. When your experts could not crack the laptop, iPhone and iPad passwords and when I answered consistently that I did not know the password of these gifts, you turned to lost your humanity manner.

You thrusted two fingers into my nose holes when I was doing meditation, closing eyes. You hoped I would open words. I opened my mouth, but to breathe the fresh air that I may have. Immediately you hooked my nose upward, my head was jerked back. I remained silent, and eyes closed.
You became hurried, grumbled over the repeated questions. This time I found hot in my left wrist when arms crossed. I opened my eyes to see a burning cigarette pressing on and said, “You have no right to do so” “the law does not allow you to torture, doing corporal punishment other people.” He lifted up his cigarette, gnashing of teeth in smoke “The kind of you all …” and then stepped out in the front of other five men.
You did not finish the sentence, but anyone can understand that to those kinds like us you would use corporal punishment to torture?
Among us, there is a person using enterprise to ponder upon the prospect of the country such as Tran Huynh Duy Thuc. There are people who are not afraid to sacrifice their career to defending victims of human rights violations such as Nguyen Van Dai, Le Thi Cong Nhan, Le Cong Dinh. There are students despite the risks to demonstrate the national resilience as Nguyen Phuong Uyen, Dinh Nguyen Kha. There are brothers, sisters asking for a legitimate rights for labors such as Nguyen Hoang Quoc Hung, Do Thi Minh Hanh, Doan Huy Chuong. One demands freedom of religion; another asks for the ownership of the land on which their family ancestry had explored and possessed, etc. Has anyone scrambled for getting mansion? Has anyone closed eyes to see the Chinese aggression? Has anyone harassed citizens to live on and get rich? Has anyone crawled before foreign invaders to be seated?
You forbade me to go visit the families Dang Xuan Dieu, Dau Van Duong, Chu Manh Son, etc. because they are “people against the party, against the state, against the nation”.
To be placed in one chair, I even can understand clearly your innermost heart:  You are a part of the apparatus that seriously trampled on human rights.
Pham Ba Hai, dated Oct 31, 2014.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Vietnam civil society organizations condemn the recent violence and torture of public security service

Defend The Defnders  | Nov 6, 2014 Translation by  Trang Thien Long Tell The World . To: – The entire Vietnam compatriots at home and...